Wednesday, August 12, 2009
update
Well, I've been slacking on this blog here. Now, with 3.5 weeks left until the half, I waver back and forth on whether or not I will be able to finish the half. I did do an 8 mile wog last Saturday, that left my feet screaming in pain. I've purchased some stability insoles for my neutral running shoes, since my low arches and increased weight are most likely the culprit. My legs felt great, not tired at all, and my stamina was fantastic, I wasn't the slightest bit fatigued! I think with a belly support band (have the Prenatal Cradle mini cradle on order) and a bit of support in my shoes, I should be ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow! Can't believe you're trying to do a half marathon at 34 wks! I've done tons of half marathons and I'll tell ya, now at 29 weeks, I could not do a half. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteI saw your comment on my RunBuggy post about maternity workout clothes. I do really like the Bamtex tank. It's fitting and the best is the length - it's long enough to cover my belly. Some I don't feel are long enough. I have a dri-fit Nike t-shirt that seems to be growing well with me as well! My MIL also recently bought me a great workout top from Motherhood maternity - it's black with gray stripes on the side - very long, fitting and fits well. Only thing is it's a bit itchy (I've been very itchy this whole pregnancy!) I'm not sure what it's called or how much it was, so that's not much of a help to you! But Motherhood has cheaper maternity clothes so you might be able to find less expensive workout tops there.
I look forward to reading more about your running adventures!
Yes, I'm also in awe that you're doing a half at 34 weeks, especially in hot So Cal. I'm just behind you at 27 weeks. I just did a 11.5K run this past Saturday (around 7 miles) and my feet - especially my left foot was SCREAMING! I have found that a massage with my Accuball post-run and some ice around the arches (where the pain is located) seem to help. But I am usually out of commission for the next day!
ReplyDeleteI am really hoping to do a 15K Race in two weeks, but I am waiting to sign up to make sure it's not too humid.
Good luck with the half.
Thanks! I'm actually going to walk it, maybe jog some early on while it is still cool. I'm just aiming to stay under sweeper pace (16 min/mile), so I hope I can manage! Fingers crossed that it is not too hot!
ReplyDelete