Sunday, August 16, 2009

Came out of a double digit wog relatively unscathed...

Wogged a nice 10 miler this morning. Actually felt much better than the 8 I did last week. 2 things different...new insoles in my shoes and a belt around the belly. The sof sole stability insoles I put in my neutral shoes really supported my low arches and extra weight, so my feet don't ache like they did last week. I do have a hot spot on my right foot, though. I may have cut the insole wrong. Ugh. Not sure what I can do to prevent that...I don't think body glide will be enough. I also wore a Nathan Speed 2 hydration belt, one size larger than my regular one. The velcro closure made it easy to adjust under the belly, and it helped support the bump, easing the pressure off my pelvic area. With these adjustments, I feel much more confident that I will be able to finish the half. My time this morning was 2:22...about a 14 min/mile average...well under sweeper pace with some extra time for potty breaks if necessary, and perhaps even a character pic or two...we shall see. A lot can change in 3 weeks...for example I am already a lot bigger than I was last week...

2 comments:

  1. You are going to do great, Crystal I know you are!!! :0) Good job on the run today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and hope you don't mind if I follow.

    ReplyDelete