Monday, July 26, 2010

Brand Loyalty

I've always considered myself fiercly brand-loyal. For example, I always wore Nike shoes. I wouldn't even consider anything else! It was Nike or bust. When I started training for my first half-marathon, I went to get fitted for shoes. I went to a place that had Nike shoes, of course. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the Asics fit me better! I was extremely torn. Do I go with the beloved Nikes, or the better-fitting Asics? Needless to say, I went with the Asics, and my brand-loyal nature slowly started to change.

I always thought that Nike was the best in everything else, too. Sports bras, running tops, golf apparel, etc. I wouldn't even consider going somewhere like Target! Nowadays, the Target C9 brand is my favorite! Aside from being incredibly affordable, the sports bras and singlets are very comfortable.

Another place I feel very loyal to is runningskirts.com. Their skirts are by far my favorite! I wear the running skirt style, as you all know, and the fit and comfort are superior to anything else I have tried. However, sometimes you want more coverage than a brief. I have tried the athletic skirt style, and am sorry to say that it just does not work for me. The shorts ride up on me despite sweat and body glide. I have also tried the commitment from skirtgoddess.com, and it is a little better. I am happy to say that I have found the ULTIMATE awesome running skirt with shorts underneath. See my previous post for SparkleSkirts sparkle tech running skirt! I was so incredibly impressed that the shorts don't ride up! Give it a try, and I'm sure you will be impressed, too!

Needless to say, I'm now open to trying gear and other things from brands that I may not have tried in the past. You never know when you might find something obscure that you love!

2 comments:

  1. How did I not know you had a blog? Haha!
    I'm the same way with brands. But I fluctuate as to who I'm loyal too. I do still heart Nike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Probably because I don't update it much!

    ReplyDelete