My favorite protein bars are on sale at Ralph's and it got me thinking about what runners like to fuel with. I really like Promax bars. I think they taste great and have a good texture. Double fudge brownie may be my favorite. Luna protein bars were also on sale, and it made me think of my friend Heather www.runningwithsass.com, as the Luna cookie dough flavor is her favorite. I have tried that and was definitely not a fan.
I like to eat half a promax bar and a banana before long runs and races. They sit well in my stomach. I usually eat the other half when I get back from my runs, along with a glass of chocolate milk.
I kind of laid off the protein bars when I was pregnant, and still am not eating them excessively, since I am still breastfeeding (woo hoo! 9 months and counting down to 12). I don't know if it affects that at all, but probably better to be more natural.
Well, less than 4 weeks until the Disneyland half! It will be fun to run it not pregnant, although I have to admit, doing it last year at 34 weeks sure was a lot of fun, too...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

haha! we have very different taste in bars (and gu's apparently!)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with Disneyland! It will be here before you know it!!! :0))
ReplyDeleteI love Luna Bars too but I've only found one flavor that I like...Chocolate Peppermint Stick. I haven't tried Promax bars!