I woke up bright and early at 5 or so. I figured that I would need the extra time to get Kenji and myself ready, but didn't think that it would take us too long to get to Dodger Stadium. Boy was I wrong! Getting to Dodger Stadium for an event (like a game) is pretty bad anyway, so I should have anticipated the traffic, but it was horrible! Parking was even worse. The 5k started at 8, and we were still trying to park at 8! Luckily, the start was delayed, so we did not miss the start.
There were a lot of strollers out on the course! Some were joggers, some were regular strollers. We started off and passed a lot of walkers, then came to our first decline. We were keeping a pretty good pace but then...the hills! Dodger Stadium is on a hill, so the surrounding Elysian park roads go up and down. I was not prepared for those steep inclines!
Kenji and I had not really trained for hills, so I was struggling. There was one water stop at around the halfway point. I was glad I had brought a bottle of water. When we hit the final incline, I was more than ready to be done. The remaining .1 mile was all downhill, so we were able to finish strong. I got our medal and then some water/banana/fruit.
We went to the expo afterwards, where I got some Healthy Handles www.healthyhandles.com put on the stroller. I also signed up for the Inaugural LA Rock n Roll half marathon in October!
All in all, it was a great morning out with Kenji!

Alright that's awesome!!! Great job Crystal and Kenji!!! :0)
ReplyDelete