Friday, March 12, 2010
Ready for our first post-baby 5k!
I finally signed up for next weekend's NPN 5k at the LA Marathon last night! Online registration ends today, so I figured I should do it. I'm really excited for this! I know that I won't be fast, but I'm really looking forward to taking Kenji on his first race. They allow strollers! It's a run/walk, and they want the strollers to start in the back. My only concern is being stuck behind the REALLY slow walkers. I bet the first mile will be just navigating through the walkers! I hope to wog the 3.1 miles, but if we are really slow the first mile getting through the pack, I might have to pick up the pace! We shall see! The race ends at the expo, so hopefully there will be some good vendors there to check out. I am also hoping to sign up for the OC 1/2 marathon at that time (will do that one sans Kenji, even though they allow strollers too!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh...cool! Kenji's first post partum race! How exciting. I'm sure you could get in front of the walkers---just feign ignorance!!! hahahah. Good luck. Kudos to you for running with a jogger. I refuse to do it!
ReplyDeletehaha...I figure I better get some use out of that jogger! I'm not a fast runner anyway, so it won't hinder me too much. Plus, Kenji likes to go out on wogs. :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome Crystal!!!! I hope it goes well! Let me know if the RS booth has some good deals again like last year on skirts! lol
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! I hope it goes well too! I am sure you will do great, just get in front of the walkers. haha
ReplyDeleteKaren, I don't even know if RS is going to be there! I emailed them and asked if they were going to be there and if they were bringing their fab sale again...LOL...they don't know if they are going, so I'm guessing no. booo.
ReplyDeletehaha Kayla...I hope so!