A few notes about my gear's performance at the half:
running skirt
Well, you all already know how much I love my floral running skirt. The sizing for runningskirts.com's new prints are a tiny bit off. I am normally a size 2 in the running skirt, but in the new prints I had to size up to a 3, as they did not have as much stretch as the older solids. The briefs were also cut a bit differently...they were a bit more...brief. No matter, it still worked well for me with adequate coverage and no wedgies.
Tek Gear basic tank
My new favorite running top! These are soft and comfy like cotton, but are moisture wicking! Also comes in short sleeve, but I prefer to run in sleeveless. I'm really excited to see that they are coming out with more colors too! I think I may even just wear these as regular shirts in the summer.
Moving Comfort Fiona
This sports bra was highly recommended by all of my "gifted" friends, so I decided to see if it would support my milk jugs. I am pleased to report that it is an excellent sports bra for breastfeeding mothers. You can undo the velcro straps so you can feed or pump before you run!
Asics Gel Nimbus
The Nimbus has not failed me yet! No blisters, but I think I need to buy a new pair. I wore this pair while pregnant so those extra 38 lbs compressed them down, I think! They are on Nimbus 12 now (mine are 10's). I'm just not quite ready to dump another $100+ on shoes...
Nathan Speed 2
Again, great belt, no bounce, held enough water to supplement the water stops.
Amphipod Pocket
I didn't have my Nathan small pockets with me, so I had to order a new pocket. I didn't want another Nathan, so I tried the Amphipod. It fit on my belt, but was pretty snug. My camera fit perfectly, even though I ran the entire race with the camera in my hand.
GU and GU chomps
Can't go wrong with a GU product. They just work the best for me. Flavors for this race were chocolate mint GU and blueberry pomegranate chomps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great reviews! I felt like the new skirts were sized differently too. I have one old size 1 and held it to the new 2 and they were the same size. And the fiona bra is AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I was kind of annoyed that the sizing was off, but RS let me exchange the skirts no problem!
ReplyDelete